Time series analysis for some strategic crops classification using different space born sensors
Eslam Farg employed as assistant researcher at NARSS in 2008. In 2010 he got D.S.P.U diploma in Geo-information and environmental management from MAICh, Greece. He gained his M. Sc. and Ph. D. from agriculture engineering department faculty of agriculture Ain Shams university at 2012 and 2016 respectively. His origin of research interest is mainly crop classification and irrigation water requirement determination using remote sensing techniques. His researches are mainly focused on using different remote sensing data for crop classifications and apply integrated approaches using traditional methods and different remote sensing data for crops irrigation water determination and management to maximize the water productivity of cropped area unit.
• Farg, E., Arafat, S. M., El-Wahed, M. A., & El-Gindy, A. M. (2012). Estimation of evapotranspiration ETc and crop coefficient Kc of wheat, in south Nile Delta of Egypt using integrated FAO-56 approach and remote sensing data. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science, 15(1), 83-89.
• Aboelghar, M., Arafat, S., & Farag, E. (2013). Hyper spectral measurements as a method for potato crop characterization. International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS, 2(1), 122-129.
• Arafat, S. M., Aboelghar, M. A., & Ahmed, E. F. (2013). Crop discrimination using field hyper spectral remotely sensed data. Advances in Remote Sensing, 2(02), 63.
• El-Sharkawy, M. M., Farg, E., Arafat, S. M., & El-Wahed, M. A. (2016). Applicability of Monitoring Peanut Reflectance Using Hyperspectral Data for Precision Agriculture in East Nile Delta, Egypt. Journal of Agriculture and Ecology Research International, 1-10.
• Farg, E., Arafat, S., El-Wahed, M. A., & El-Gindy, A. (2017). Evaluation of water distribution under pivot irrigation systems using remote sensing imagery in eastern Nile delta. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science, 20, S13-S19.
• Gabr, S. S., Farg, E. F., Habeebullah, T. M., & Arafat, S. M. (2018). Irrigation water consumption and its impact on the groundwater aquifer of Wadi Uranah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia using remote sensing techniques. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science.
• Farg, E., Ramadan, M. N., & Arafat, S. M. (2019). Classification of some strategic crops in Egypt using multi remotely sensing sensors and time series analysis. The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Science.